Megavitamins and Nutrients Regimen
Andrew Ying-Siu Lee, MD,PhD.
- Most diets are deficient in vitamins and nutrients, which account for over half of all diseases.
- Vitamins and nutrients are important in vital processes of body
- Provide good vitamins and nutrients to body àstrengthen natural protective mechanisms, immune system and
enzymes effectiveness à prevent and help in controlling diseases.
- Omega 3 and 6 oils regulate nearly all bodily processes, absolutely essential to life !
(I) Nobel laureate Linus Pauling (orthomolecular medicine)’s Healthy Regimen:-
1. vitamin C 2-10 gm daily
2. super-B complex daily
3. optimum daily intake of vitamins E and A
= normal constituent of body, required for life
- involved in essentially all biochemical reactions in body and in all body’s protective mechanism.
- serves as coenzymes in many enzyme systems in body
= best natural antibiotic, antiviral, antitoxin, antioxidant, antihistamine
- prevent and help in controlling cancer, heart disease, immune disease (arthritis etc), diabetes, hyperlipidemia,
peripheral vascular diseases, blood clots (thromboembolism andthrombopheliitis), aging etc.
(II) Dr. Rudin’s Omega Program:-
Phase 1 : selecting and adjusting omega 3 oil intake
Phase 2 : adding cofactors (vitamins, minerals and fiber)
Phase 3 : maintaining the program (lowest effective dosage)
Phase 4 : balancing omega 3 and 6 fatty acids with fish oil, soy oil etc.
Omega oils :
- omega 3 and 6 = essential fatty acids needed by all cells, absolutely essential to life !
= important component of cell membranes
- production of eicosanoids eg. prostaglandins, that regulate nearly all bodily processes
- prevent and help in controlling cancer, atherosclerosis, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity immunediseases,
skin diseases, menstrual and fertility conditions, mental illness, aging etc.